July 27, 2016 § 2 Comments
All the hugs to you for sharing your experiences of becoming a living legend with us :)))))
May I ask what your stance is on shipping real-life people? So many people degrade it as ‘yikes’, ‘gross’, ‘leave them alone’… But what I mean is the non-creepy, non-intrusive investment into the dynamics between the two single people (can be either or both celebrities and friends or acquaintances), being made incredibly happy by any interaction between the two people. All within a certain context of course, not without it, when it is not a delusional daydream but a half-baked reality at least. 😀
July 27, 2016 § Leave a comment
On Friday morning my alarm went off at 4am, and I began the epic journey to San Diego Comic Con to promote The Fangirl Life and hang with some amazing friends.
I think it took me pretty much all of the first day to get oriented to the convention center and how the lines worked. But I did manage to stop by the Toddland Bob’s Burgers booth and pick up my Kuchi Kopi! :3 I was also wearing my cool book tee swag courtesy of Tarcher Perigee!
On Friday night, I got to hang out at the Penguin booth and GIVE AWAY free, signed copies of my book! I was happy that some folks from Twitter stopped by to say hi!
On Saturday, I had the honor of being on a panel called “The Female Geek” with some BAMF authors, including Leigh Bardugo, Sabaa Tahir, Margaret Stohl, Kiersten White, and Sarah Kuhn. You can check out the video here!
After the panel, everyone did a signing and I had a blast talking to people in line and signing more copies of The Fangirl Life. I also had a fangirl moment when Sabaa Tahir came up to talk to me and I told how much I’d enjoyed reading her book for the DC Forever Young Adult book club.
On Sunday, we skipped the con for some much needed self-care. We went to Balboa Park to visit the Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, which was amaze. I love model railroads because they make you feel like a giant god peeking in on people’s lives.
Truly, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a program participant at SDCC! But this little introvert is ready to spend a week at home and get back to work. You can catch me on my favorite podcast, The Shipping Room, later this week, where we’ll be talking about my book and my favorite ships!
I hope you have a great week! Keep on BAMFing, and be kind to yourself! If you have a fangirl dilemma, my mailbox is always open! I’ll be answering more questions soon.
July 19, 2016 § Leave a comment
I found this website because your book is already in my favourite bookstore in Germany (and I almost missed my train because of it 😉 ).
I need a bit of help here. I am a massive LOTR fan, and my exams are in 4 weeks. I am a master at procrastinating and I really need to study but… tumblr, youtube, twitter, facebook and on top of that, daily news websites, that are updated every hour or so. And compared to that all my books look really boring. How can I cut back on my media intake NOW? Thanks a lot!
July 15, 2016 § 3 Comments
Two years ago I watched the pilot of a new show and fell head over heels in love with one of the characters. Nothing worrisome there; that’s what I’ve always done. But then my obsession shifted from the character to the actress. I stopped daydreaming about story lines for the character and started daydreaming about the actress giving interviews and getting recognized for her talent. Nowadays I’m so far gone that I daydream about her romantic life/ship her with her co-stars. I don’t want to fantasize about a real person in that way, but I’m also so scared of letting go of my obsession. I need to obsess over something and I know if it stops being about her it’ll become about someone else. I just wish I could go back to obsessing over the character instead of the actress.
July 15, 2016 § 1 Comment
I have a question. What do you think are the stages your OTP goes through before they get together? There will be angst, hatred, & realization but what do you think the stages are in order for them to come to a realization they love each other?
July 14, 2016 § Leave a comment
First person who tweets me a picture of all the correct answers to the following questions will win a copy of my favorite card game, Slash!
AGAIN, ARE YOU READY?
Here we go!
- With over 115,000 stories, what popular television show has the most published fan fiction on fanfiction.net?
- On the sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica, what planet is the birthplace and original home of humanity, from which the civilization departed and formed the Twelve Colonies on other worlds?
- On the hit animated series Bob’s Burgers, Tina and Louise Belcher are fangirls of what fictional boy band?
- In Pierce Brown’s Red Rising trilogy, what is the name of the underground resistance group fighting the Society?
- In 2013, fans broke the record for the most backers of a single Kickstarter project when they contributed $5.7 million to make a movie of what fan favorite TV show?
- What is the name of the alternate universe Harry Potter fan fiction written by Eliezer Yudkowsky, where Harry is raised by an Aunt Petunia who married a scientist? Harry Potter takes his place at Hogwarts, “armed with Enlightenment ideals and the experimental spirit.”
- What is the name of the prolific TV show creator who who claims she “owns” Thursday nights?
- What the 6 numbers frequently found in the TV show LOST?
- What Star Wars character is a member of the Mon Calamari species and famous for shouting, “It’s a trap!”
- What do the letters in the acronym GIF stand for?
Remember TWEET me a picture of your answers @fangirltherapy!